Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Do you have a smile concern? If your teeth aren't quite as perfect as you'd like, a cosmetic dentistry treatment may give your smile the boost it needs. Our Wheat Ridge, CO, dentist, Dr. John Wyatt, discusses several types of treatments that can renew or restore your smile.
Everyone used to know when you visited the dentist, thanks to your brand new silver filling. Today, fillings are tooth-colored, allowing them to blend in with your natural tooth color. Tooth-colored fillings are made of composite resin, a flexible material that's tinted to match common tooth shades. After the material is placed in your tooth, it's hardened with a curing light in our Wheat Ridge office. Tooth-colored fillings are not only more attractive but also strengthen your teeth. Unlike the old silver amalgam fillings, they don't contract or expand when exposed to hot or cold temperatures, which reduces the risk that your tooth will crack eventually.
Whether you have a chipped tooth or want to make an oddly shaped tooth look just like your other teeth, bonding provides a simple, inexpensive solution. During the treatment, a flexible composite resin is applied to your teeth, then molded and shaped to achieve the desired effect. Exposing the composite resin material to a curing light hardens it, ensuring that it's tough enough to stand up to wear and tear.
Veneers are an excellent option if your teeth have flaws that are only visible on the front surfaces. Thin porcelain shells are created from impressions of your mouth and applied with dental cement to the fronts of teeth. You may be interested in veneers if you have a discolored or oddly shaped teeth or want to hide chips, cracks or other imperfections. Veneers can also eliminate slight gaps between teeth and lengthen them.
Replacing your entire missing tooth is possible with dental implants. During the implant process, a titanium post will be placed in your jawbone to replace your missing root. After the post bonds to your jawbone, it's connected to a crown, an artificial tooth that closely resembles your missing tooth. Because your replacement root actually fuses to your jawbone, you can expect your implant to remain strong and healthy for your entire life as long as you practice good oral hygiene.
Are you ready to find out which cosmetic dentistry treatment is right for you? Call our Wheat Ridge, CO, dentist, Dr. Wyatt, at (303) 421-0600 to schedule an appointment.
Does your smile’s worn or yellowed appearance make you feel as though your appearance is sub-par? Do you have missing or chipped teeth that you wish you could magically restore? If so, you could benefit from cosmetic dentistry. This important branch of dentistry focuses on the aesthetic side of your smile and helps you look and feel great. Find out more about some common cosmetic dentistry procedures and what they can do for you with Dr. John Wyatt serving the Wheat Ridge and Arvada, CO area.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Wheat Ridge and Arvada, CO
- Orthodontics: Orthodontic treatment focuses on straightening your smile and correcting overcrowding and under crowding issues while also correcting problems with the bite like overbite, underbite, or crossbite. Orthodontics are a tried and true method to renew your look and give you a smile you love.
- Teeth Whitening: After undergoing orthodontic treatment, you may wish to further improve your look with teeth whitening. While at-home kits work to lift the color of the teeth, they require weeks or even months of continued use before providing the same results as a professional teeth whitening session. Professional teeth whitening, available right at your dentist’s office, can lift the color of your teeth dramatically in just an hour-long appointment.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants further improve your smile by permanently replacing your missing teeth. This not only fills in your gaps to complete your smile, it stimulates the bone underneath your gap to prevent complications like bone atrophy and its side effects. Dental implants are often regarded as the most effective tooth replacement option available.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is a quick, easy procedure which repairs simple imperfections in your teeth like small chips, uneven lengths, or misshapen teeth. Alongside these other cosmetic treatments, dental bonding can put the finishing touches on your smile to perfect your new look.
- Sealants: Dental sealants, while not necessarily a cosmetic dentistry treatment, will work towards preventing tooth decay. After undergoing these other treatments, it is important to keep your smile as healthy as possible. Sealants are a thin plastic coating placed over the biting surface of the molars to fill in the deep grooves which naturally occur in the tooth. This helps even out the biting surface to ensure that food particles and bacteria can be easily removed with brushing and flossing and do not become trapped within the tooth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. John Wyatt serving the Wheat Ridge and Arvada, CO area. Call (303) 421-0600 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Wyatt today!
Do you want to fix your smile problems? Do you want to stop hiding your teeth? Well, you can fix your smile with one simple procedure. Dental veneers! Dental Veneers offer a safe and effective method of improving the look of your teeth. Dr. John A. Wyatt is your Wheat Ridge, CO, dentist that offers gorgeous dental veneers at affordable prices. Read on to learn about the top benefits of dental veneers.
Restore Cracked Teeth
Do you have cracked teeth? Porcelain veneers can be used to restore your cracked or chipped teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made shells that fit over the teeth, changing their length, shape, color and size.
Whiten Your Smile
Do you want a whiter, brighter smile? Dental veneers will give you a whiter, brighter, more beautiful smile.
Fix Gaps in Teeth
Are you self-conscious about the gaps in your smile? Your Wheat Ridge, CO, dentist can fix the gaps between your teeth through the use of dental veneers. These shells fit snugly over the surface of your teeth to mask imperfections and create an evenly-spaced smile.
Do you want to look and feel 10 years younger? It's no secret that your teeth play an important role in defining how old or young you look. Dental veneers will improve your smile and take years off your appearance.
Look Better Longer
Porcelain is a durable material. With proper oral hygiene and regular dental visits, your porcelain veneers will last for many years. Dental veneers can last from seven to twenty years or more.
A smile makeover can be life changing. So say goodbye to that less-than-perfect smile. If you want a radiant smile, call (303) 421-0600 right now to schedule an appointment with Dr. John A. Wyatt in Wheat Ridge, CO. You'll be glad you did.
Like most Americans, you might recharge your batteries throughout the day with several cups of coffee, or enjoy a glass or two of red wine after dinner every night. Or maybe you get your caffeine fix from tea, followed by a bowl of Greek yogurt, granola, and dark berries on the way to yoga or Soul Cycle. But contrary to popular belief, even people with healthy lifestyles and good oral hygiene practices are not immune to cosmetic dental problems like teeth staining and discoloration, or unevenly shaped and spaced teeth. And when you factor in the normal changes and wear and tear associated with aging, even the most conscientious and health conscious individuals can stand to benefit from a little cosmetic dentistry at some point.
Smile Restoration in Wheat Ridge
When people think of cosmetic enhancements to the face, dentistry is probably not the first thing that comes to mind. Popular treatments like Botox and fillers are usually associated with facial rejuvenation and reversing the signs of aging. But in many cases, reshaping the teeth with a set of porcelain veneers or a few crowns can reshape your smile and improve your appearance and self-esteem.
In some cases, a professional teeth whitening is enough to revamp a faded and dull smile. Wheat Ridge, CO-based dentist Dr. John A. Wyatt recommends starting with improvements to the health and appearance of the teeth for anyone looking for a physical refresher. Minimally invasive procedures like cosmetic bonding can brighten and repair minor cosmetic imperfections in as little as a 30 minute trip to the dentist's office.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Wheat Ridge
For more information on how professional teeth whitening or a set of porcelain veneers can improve your smile and rejuvenate your entire face, contact Dr. John A. Wyatt by calling 303-421-0600 to schedule an appointment today.