Does your smile’s worn or yellowed appearance make you feel as though your appearance is sub-par? Do you have missing or chipped teeth that you wish you could magically restore? If so, you could benefit from cosmetic dentistry. This important branch of dentistry focuses on the aesthetic side of your smile and helps you look and feel great. Find out more about some common cosmetic dentistry procedures and what they can do for you with Dr. John Wyatt serving the Wheat Ridge and Arvada, CO area.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Wheat Ridge and Arvada, CO
- Orthodontics: Orthodontic treatment focuses on straightening your smile and correcting overcrowding and under crowding issues while also correcting problems with the bite like overbite, underbite, or crossbite. Orthodontics are a tried and true method to renew your look and give you a smile you love.
- Teeth Whitening: After undergoing orthodontic treatment, you may wish to further improve your look with teeth whitening. While at-home kits work to lift the color of the teeth, they require weeks or even months of continued use before providing the same results as a professional teeth whitening session. Professional teeth whitening, available right at your dentist’s office, can lift the color of your teeth dramatically in just an hour-long appointment.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants further improve your smile by permanently replacing your missing teeth. This not only fills in your gaps to complete your smile, it stimulates the bone underneath your gap to prevent complications like bone atrophy and its side effects. Dental implants are often regarded as the most effective tooth replacement option available.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is a quick, easy procedure which repairs simple imperfections in your teeth like small chips, uneven lengths, or misshapen teeth. Alongside these other cosmetic treatments, dental bonding can put the finishing touches on your smile to perfect your new look.
- Sealants: Dental sealants, while not necessarily a cosmetic dentistry treatment, will work towards preventing tooth decay. After undergoing these other treatments, it is important to keep your smile as healthy as possible. Sealants are a thin plastic coating placed over the biting surface of the molars to fill in the deep grooves which naturally occur in the tooth. This helps even out the biting surface to ensure that food particles and bacteria can be easily removed with brushing and flossing and do not become trapped within the tooth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. John Wyatt serving the Wheat Ridge and Arvada, CO area. Call (303) 421-0600 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Wyatt today!